Thank for checking out the DomFind blog and Vlog. The last Vlog we presented was How to Find a Domain Name but, then we got to thinking, what exactly makes a domain name so appealing or powerful?
We got together and came up with 5 Quick Domain Name Tips that go into making a powerful domain name. It doesn’t matter what type of company or product you are, you need to find a domain name. Likewise, the chances are your domain name is going to be your company name, so you had better make it a powerful one.
Check out our 5 Quick Tips for a Powerful Domain Name:
Our findings and discussions can be brought down to 5 key factors for a company name and they are as follows:
- Don’t wait do secure a domain name. Matt will tell you more in the video but often people develop their business then look for a domain name and can’t find it. Don’t let this happen to you.
- Find a domain name that is less than 10 letters in length. The Vlog will tell you why this is so important, just think easy to remember and communicate.
- Avoid dashes and hyphens. Where do they go and they’re incredibly difficult to communicate.
- Complicated spelling and often confused words should be avoided in your domain name. What words are we talking about? (watch the video)
- Only dot-com domain names are acceptable.
You have to watch the video as Matt goes into each deeper and with great examples and explanations.
Thanks for reading and watching and we welcome your thoughts and any ideas you have for future blogs, please just post them below.